Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Exploring Wyoming, the Cowboy State

I just got back from a two week trip to Wyoming, also known as the "Cowboy State." Thanks to everyone who followed my adventures on Twitter at #LeslieInWyo!

I kicked off the trip in Cheyenne, where I covered the annual Cheyenne Frontier Days festival.  I was invited by Wyoming Tourism to experience the country's largest outdoor rodeo.  I had a blast at the parade, pancake breakfast and Frontier Park.  Attractions included Native American dancing and historical reenactors, not to mention the rodeo cowboys and beauty queens.

I even picked up a hat to complete my cowgirl look!

 Posing with the Little Sun Drum dancers at Cheyenne Frontier Days (photo: Leslie Koch)

For details of my Cheyenne Frontier Days trip, check out the NY Destinations column:

After five days in Cheyenne, my husband met me and we began our honeymoon!  Our road trip provided a glimpse into small town Wyoming and included stops in Laramie, Cody, Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, Jackson, and Kemmerer.
Needless to say, the honeymoon was packed with adventure. We camped in Yellowstone National Park and marveled at the beautiful (and deadly) hot springs. We rode horses on a dude ranch and even visited the original JC Penney store.
 Having a City Slickers moment at the Vee Bar Ranch in Wyoming (photo: Leslie Koch)
I took over 3,200 photos in two weeks... so stay tuned to the NY Destinations column for some amazing slideshows!

2 comments:

  1. Wow looking good Leslie!! :) Didn't know you have a personal blog! Great found on #FollowFriday :)
    3200 photos, you are now confirmed friend of Runaway Juno. haha!!
    I love all the color of their clothes and accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Juno, I didn't know you had a blog until the other day (hence my 'Like' on FB!). Great to see the pics and read more about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete