Tuesday, August 24, 2010

NY Destinations: Bachelorette parties in NYC - from tame to wild!

My latest article on Examiner.com is a topic I hold near and dear: bachelorette parties in the Big Apple.

Many of my NYC friends are getting married and I have been to my share of bachelorette parties in recent months. It turns out the countless hours of drinking and dancing at "hen" parties have served a higher purpose: research.

In writing this story, I decided not to include any salacious details from the bachelorette parties I've attended in Manhattan. After all, what happens in the East Village stays in the East Village. Isn't that how the saying goes?

I had intended to include a photo from my own bachelorette party at the Awesome 80s Prom. (Note: it was G-rated, so I'm not breaking the Girl's Code). However, the photo did not appear in the published article because of problems with the new Examiner website.

Here it is, exclusively for readers of LeslieTravel! (Well, at least until Examiner fixes its Pub Tool).

Leslie (in pink hat) and friends with an actor at the Awesome 80s Prom in Manhattan.
Scroll down for an excerpt of the "NYC Bachelorette Parties" article.  The full text appears in my NY Destinations column.


Manhattan bachelorette parties for every type of bride 
by Leslie Koch  
Originally published in NY Destinations column on Examiner.com

Planning a bachelorette party in New York City can be a challenge-- even for the most nightlife-savvy Maid of Honor. With thousands of bars and clubs to choose from, the planning process can be overwhelming.

Will your bashful bride enjoy a racy All Male revue? Or will she cower on stage eyeing the 'exit' signs?

And where can you possibly take your outrageous college roommate who is barely ready to settle down to a life of wedded bliss?

Fortunately, Manhattan offers bachelorette party options for every type of bride. Whether tame, adventurous or downright wild, your bride will have the night of her life at the following venues...

>> Keep reading on Examiner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment